“Youth Can” Summer Challenge
The Kazickas Family Foundation and its program “Youth Can” invite everyone to participate in a summer challenge which takes place in all program’s locations in Lithuania from June 26th to August 31st, 2019.
THE GOAL OF THE CHALLENGE
To promote physical and social activity of youth during the summer.
- To promote volunteering;
- To increase youth involvement in community;
- To encourage young people to spend their summer actively and meaningfully.
- Locations: all “Youth Can” Locations;
- Start – 26th June 2019 12:00pm
- End – 30th August 2019 12:00pm
- Anyone physically fit is eligible to participate in the challenge;
- Participants have to record their physical activity on Endomondo app, “Jaunimas gali vasaros iššūkis” challenge (for example, running, swimming or cycling);
- Participants have to accomplish 10 social challenges and send the organizer written descriptions, photos, videos or other proof of their accomplishments by email to email@example.com.
Week 1. Invite as many friends as possible to join this challenge. The author of the most creative and original invitation will be rewarded with a T-shirt and sunglasses;
Week 2. This week, on July 6th, the King Mindaugas Coronation Day will be celebrated. Bring together family / friends or neighbors and take a picture of all of you singing the anthem together;
Week 3. Cut grass for your neighbor / friend / teacher / senior and take a picture.
Week 4. Collect a 30 liter bag of rubbish (in a forest, in a village or a city) and take a selfie.
Week 5 – help the elderly (with any assistance needed). Prove it with a picture.
Week 6. Sort and recycle waste at home or create a poster that emphasizes the importance of recycling and hang it on a bulletin board. Take a picture.
Week 7. Read a book and share it with a friend / neighbor / teacher or anyone else. Take a selfie with the book and the person.
Week 8. “Who will not have a bouquet of herbs on the Fiest of Assumption, the devil will strike his tail in the palm of his hand” – says folklore. The challenge for this week is to prepare your bouquet of herbs, give it to your parents, sisters, brothers or friends and take a picture.
Week 9. At least 5 days of this week you’ll have to walk more than 10 000 steps (download the pedometer app to your phone and screenshot the number of steps you walk each day);
Week 10. Write a 200-word essay about your experience of participating in this challenge and completing the tasks. Share the essay and your favorite picture on your Facebook and Instagram accounts adding #jaunimasgali and #vasarosissukis hashtags. Make sure your posts are public!
Follow the news and updates on youthcan.lt, and Youth Can Facebook and Instagram accounts.